If you would like to receive occasional updates about readings, talks, writing workshops, and other Jane Austen Addict news, please enter your email address here:
Things Jane Austens Characters Do That Would Be Weird If You Did Them.
- Now we know why people are looking at us strangely.
Are you an Austen Addict?
Listen to Cornel West talking about Jane Austen...
- ...at the 2012 Annual General Meeting of the Jane Austen Society of North America. Inspiring and delightful. Click here for the audiofiles of the talk and the Q&A.
The Writing Life: Bye-bye, writer's block.
- Amy Cuddy's TED talk is not about a quick fix: it is a profound practice that creates instant results. Read Laurie Viera Rigler's post here.
Which Austenesque Heroine Are You?
Do you have what it takes to time travel?
The next book(s) are in the works...
- ...along with some other cool stuff. Stay tuned.
Austen Addict en Français
- Both Austen Addict novels have been published by Bragelonne in France. Here is some press on CONFESSIONS and RUDE AWAKENINGS.
JANE AUSTEN MADE ME DO IT
- An anthology of Austen-inspired fiction by Stephanie Barron, Lauren Willig, Alexandra Potter, Laurie Viera Rigler, and many more, & edited by Laurel Ann Nattress of Austenprose,
- Listen to the NPR interview with two JANE AUSTEN MADE ME DO IT authors, Frank Delaney and Diane Meier.
- Here's what reviewers are saying about Laurie Viera Rigler's story:
- "A hoot."--Bellingham Herald
- "Really clever concept...reminded of Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series."--Bookworm 1858
- "Playful...tongue in cheek...too smart for words!"--One Literature Nut
Take the Austen Movie Poll
Watch our web series
Calling all Reading Groups
- Laurie Viera Rigler would love to chat with your group via speakerphone or Skype. Contact her to arrange a time.
- CONFESSIONS OF A JANE AUSTEN ADDICT is in Reading Group Choices, is a Pulpwood Queens Book Club selection, has been featured in DearReader.com, and is an About.com Paperback Book Club Pick.
- RUDE AWAKENINGS OF A JANE AUSTEN ADDICT is a Pulpwood Queens Book Club selection, a Romantic Times Top Pick, and a Fresh Fiction Pick.